A Church Where Everyone is Welcome! Kempston East Methodist Church Church History John Wesley - Early Painting of John Wesley Preaching The chapel is was large in its day, with seating for 500. It was designed by Gunton & Gunton of London and built by Samuel Foster of Kempston. Rooms for the Sunday School were added in 1934. Inside of Kempston East 1904